You will find no definition of spirituality here.
I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to deceive you, but I’ve come to realize that spirituality is a very personal journey. It would be impossible to simply provide you with a definition.
Instead, perhaps I can at least give you the gift of awareness, if only for a brief moment. As comfortable or uncomfortable as you are with the concept of spirituality, take a moment to stop what you are doing and reflect on what spirituality means to you.
Need help? Here are some questions to consider:
- Does spirituality have to do with your beliefs you have about your soul?
- Or does the definition lie in who you are?
- Does it have to do with your core values?
- Does it have to do with your relationship with God?
- Or your relationship with others?
- Does it have to do with energy?
- Is it about connection, or love, or expression?
- Does it have to do with the universe?
Have you simply never considered it before?
Those that specialize in health and wellness have identified 4 core areas of well-being: Spiritual, Emotional, Mental, and Physical. How would you rate your satisfaction or fulfillment in these areas?
I’m full of more questions than answers today, I’m afraid.
I’d be very curious to hear your thoughts on the matter. Please share a comment below.